Holli At Home

Holli At Home
Holli At Home

Holli's Contact Information

Holli Hawthorne
600 Sue Drive
Antioch, Tn. 37013

Help With Medical Costs

Followers

Photobucket
Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, June 16, 2011

Holli 6 months at home!

It is hard to believe that I have had Holli home for 6 months. It is so wonderful to have both of my girls back home with me. I am still grieving over my husband's death but having Holli here to concentrate on has really helped. Holli and I am both so much happier with her being here. Holli has nursing assistants come here twice a day to help with her care which gives me a break and enables me to go to the grocery, run errands or make appointments for myself. Holli is still getting botox injections every three months so we get to go on a "road trip" whenever she has an appointment. Even though she enjoys going in the transportation van to the doctor these trips tire her out. She gets a shower once a week, which she still does not like, and get up in her wheelchair for several hours 3-5 days a week, depending on when I have someone to help me get her back to bed. Everyday she wears her high top tennis shoes and right arm splint for 6 to 8 hours. She is being fitted for a splint for her right foot to help with her foot drop. Physical therapy comes twice a week and nurse once a week. It seems like we are always having company with everyone coming in and out. Today Holli was visited by her good friend, K T, from Oakland, Ca. It is always so great whenever Holli's friends come and see her. It makes her so happy to see her friends. I know Holli gets tired of just looking and being with me all the time!! I appreciate all the love and prayers that we are still receiving. We have come a long way on this journey but we still have a long way to go. I want to wish my 91 year old Dad Happy Farther's Day, love you Dad.

0 comments: